INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU We may collect and process, with your express permission, the following information:
• information (such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including if you register as a user of the Site, purchase products on the Site, upload or submit any material via the Site, request any information, or enter into any competition or promotion we may sponsor;
• in connection with an account sign-in facility, your log-in and password details;
• details of any transactions made by you through the Site;
• communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or its content; or
• information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Site for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them. You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
We may, from time to time, run referral programmes or similar initiatives, such as a “Tell a Friend” programme, that invite you to provide us with the contact details of someone who is known to you who may find our products or services to be of interest. We will only use those contact details for the purpose of the relevant initiative (and not for general marketing purposes). When you provide us with their email details, will will only use this for the purpose of forwarding the email/information you wish to send them, and nothing else. We reserve the right to identify you as the person who has made the referral in the message that is sent to them.
When you visit the Site, we may automatically collect additional information about you, such as the type of internet browser you use, any website from which you have come to the Site and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognised by our web server. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the Site and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
USES MADE OF YOUR INFORMATION We will use the information you permitted and provided us to:
• enable us to process your orders and to provide you with the services and information offered through the Site and which you request;
• administer your account with us;
• verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online;
• audit the downloading of data from the Site;
• improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site and customise them for users;
• identify visitors to the Site;
• carry out research on our users’ demographics and tracking of sales data;
• send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services, or potential shopping basket recoveries, provided you have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes;
INFORMATION SHARING We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Site, customers and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Site, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time.
Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions, such as processing your order etc. Wherever your personal data is required (for example with our warehouse for shipping information) we will have in place a necessary Data Processing Agreement for the responsible management of your data, as laid out within the GDPR.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party. We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to protect the Site or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
PUBLIC FORUMS The Site may, from time to time, make chat rooms, message boards, news groups and/or other public forums available to its users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when using these and never disclose your personal information.
CHILD SAFETY Protecting the safety of children when they use the Internet is very important to us. We recommend that children receive permission from their parent or guardian before gaining access to the Site or sending personal information to us or anyone else online.
EXTERNAL LINKS The Site may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
SECURITY We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information.
Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it. You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Site whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk. It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
STORAGE OF YOUR INFORMATION Information that you submit via the Site is sent to and stored on secure servers located in the United States. This is necessary in order to process the information. We do not store customer credit card details on our servers. Information submitted by you may be transferred by us to our other offices and/or to the third parties mentioned in the circumstances described above (see Information sharing), which may be situated outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA. The countries concerned may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA. Where we transfer your information we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected as per the rules outlined inthe GDPR. By submitting information via the Site, you agree to this storing, processing and/or transfer.
YOUR RIGHTS You have a legal right under EU GDPR 2018 to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes. Finally you also have the right to remove or render anonymous any of your private information from our servers.
All of the above can be achieved by emailing email@example.com with your specific request.